Discussion #1: Introduction and my experience with failure

   Hi, I'm Robert. I am a student at Lone Star College Cy-Fair. I am discussing my experiences with failure in life. There is a lot more to this topic than I will let be known on this blog, but I still believe the information I discuss could be useful to others that are in a similar situation regardless of age. I hope to break down failure and the factors surrounding it into bits of information that can help others overcome the struggles of distraction and the repeated cycle of failure.

    Why have I picked this topic? I feel and have felt like a failure since my final years of high school. The growing struggles of distraction, lacking motivation, and indecisiveness have kept me from growing for years now. I use things such as video games, movies, shows, YouTube, and other hobbies to distract myself. I'm always distracting myself with information about knives, steels, cameras, card games, video games, movies, shows, technology, and art. The cherry on top of all this distraction is the fact that I work 40+ hour work weeks and rather than save money I use it on my hobbies, I also use the exhaustion that comes from my work as an excuse to not focus on school or other worthwhile investments of time. This cycle has repeated itself for years now, and it gets me feeling a bit depressed when I realize how much time I have wasted. I want to have a real career and let the hobbies that consume my life be supplementary instead.

    This is why I have chosen this topic. Failure is an all-consuming cycle and it needs to be broken with determination. I still struggle and I no longer want to throw away my life the way I have been. I dream of success and world travel, but how will I ever reach these goals with my lack of determination and my continued cycle of distraction and failure? I will make it a new goal to discuss failure further and deconstruct it until I understand how it keeps people like me in its cycle of disappointment. 



Comments

Popular Posts